This week, as part of Earth Week, CEE has been collecting your batteries to recycle. Here's what you can do with your batteries after Earth Week...
Los Angeles County has partnered with LA County Libraries to utilize library locations for proper collection of household batteries. Here are a few of our local libraries that accept recycled batteries:
- West Hollywood Library, 715 N. San Vicente Blvd., West Hollywood, 90069
- Culver City Library, 4975 Overland Ave., Culver City, 90230
- Beverly Hills Library, 444 N. Rexford Dr., Beverly Hills, 90210
- East Los Angeles Library, 4837 E. 3rd St., Los Angeles, 90022
In addition, various other locations accept recycled batteries as well, including:
- UCLA S.A.F.E. Collection Center (click here for more information)
- Koontz Hardware, 8914 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069
- Local Home Depot and IKEA locations
Did you know that batteries contain toxins that cause soil and water pollution, as well as harm wildlife and humans if they are not disposed of correctly?
Believe it or not, there are three billion batteries thrown away each year! So, in honor of Earth Day on April 22nd, The Center community will be collecting used batteries to be disposed of properly. We will start collecting the week of April 17th through April 21st. You will see bins where you can put your batteries around campus, near the front door and in the courtyard. All of these batteries, will be taken to UCLA S.A.F.E. Collection Center.
A community spring cleaning can help Mother Earth!