Make a Gift Online | Gift of Securities | Gift Planning
"To give away money is an easy matter. But to decide to whom to give it and how large and when and for what purpose is no easy matter at all." - Aristotle
Everyone at CEE can make a difference by giving time, talents, and financial support.
What does tuition cover?
Tuition covers 79% of the cost of a Center education. The remaining 21% must come from contributions and income generated by the school's endowment and investments. In an effort to keep tuition increases as manageable as possible, we rely on the generosity of our parents, grandparents, alumni and foundations.
Why not raise tuition and forget about contributions?
We could... but we won't. Independent school tuitions, at most schools, are already high. Keeping tuition as affordable as possible allows CEE to attract families who may not otherwise consider an independent school. Economic diversity is one way, along with ethnic, racial and lifestyle diversity, that our school family can mirror the world beyond the classroom walls.
How can working parents volunteer in any meaningful way?
Having a career and raising a family don't leave much time to volunteer. So we offer a variety of options, from services that require short-term commitments to projects that are more like part-time jobs! Virtually all of our parents, and many of our grandparents and alumni, find an opportunity that fits their schedule and interests. We've had so much help for so long at The Center that, frankly, we couldn't do all that we do without our wonderful volunteers.
How can I make a difference?
The term philanthropy comes from the Greek meaning "loving people." And that's a good thing. So the next time you're asked to make a gift, or the next time you do the asking, remember that we all can make a difference. To help with your decisions about giving, we offer the following for your consideration: