Big Sunday is quickly approaching--SUNDAY, MAY 5. We need you!!
We've tweaked our model slightly this year. There are TWO ways to help the community!
1) ON CAMPUS FOOD DRIVE FOR SOVA: We are again running a weeklong food drive to support SOVA. Starting April 29 through the morning of May 6, we will have bins all over campus to collect donations, and the SOVA truck will roll in around 9:30 am to pick up.
View the List of Items to Donate
Since CEE is SOVA's largest non-corporate donor, we feel a tremendous responsibility to support them during these challenging days.
2) GARDENING AND PAINTING AT KELSO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: We also wanted to offer our families a different opportunity to give their time, so we've partnered with Kelso Elementary in Inglewood, a K-6 school of 720 students located across the street from the Forum. Comprised entirely of Title 1 families, Kelso faces the challenges of so many older schools in lower-income neighborhoods--many projects and no budget.
Our general plan:
* We'll be there from 10 am-3 pm on SUNDAY, MAY 5, in 2 hour shifts. Here's an easy link to sign up for a shift: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090A4DADAF29A64-bigsunday/9022798
* Our projects: rejuvenating their garden, painting designs on the vast asphalt and possibly a mural, reorganizing their lost and found area.
How you can help:
* Come dressed and ready to paint and garden on May 5! Feel free to include non-CEE friends and family.
* Help collect last-minute food donations and load the SOVA truck on Monday, May 6.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! We hope this will be a meaningful and memorable community effort for our CEE families.
If you have any questions/ideas/suggestions, please feel free to call or email any of the Community Service chairs: Ben Barnz, Carol Bornstein, Kara Corwin, or Robin Sipkins.
on Friday April 26 at 05:23PM