Above Nav Container

Utility Container

Search Trigger (Container)

Button (Container)

Button (Container)

Button (Container)

Mobile Menu Trigger (container)

Off Canvas Navigation Container

Financial Aid FAQ

Are there other options available for financing a Center education?

Yes. To apply for a student loan, please visit www.YourTuitionSolution.com. The Center is one of 1,200 independent schools chosen as an approved school and CEE parents are eligible to apply directly to Your Tuition Solution.

Will my application for financial aid affect my child’s chances for admission?

No. The Center’s Admissions Committee does not know who is applying for financial aid.

Who can apply for financial aid?

Anyone may apply.

Do I need to reapply each year?

Yes, the grants are for one year and families must reapply each year if they wish to be considered.

Will Center support continue in future years?

In extending financial aid to a family, The Center attempts to support the student's attendance for the entire time he/she is enrolled, pending continued need. If your financial circumstances change, and your ability to contribute to your child's educational expenses increases, your award may be decreased accordingly. If your ability to pay educational expenses decreases, The Center will make every effort to increase the award.

How am I notified of the Financial Aid Committee’s decision?

Applicants are notified by letter. Applicants may ask the Committee to reconsider its decision by making a request in writing.

Does an award have to be paid back to The Center?


Is my award confidential?

Yes. The Center keeps awards confidential and expects all recipients to honor this policy as well.

Is a payment plan required?

Yes. Families are required to enroll in The Center’s Ten-Payment Tuition Plan via the Automatic Debit Program. This requires completion of an automatic debit form by each parent/custodian responsible for paying the student’s tuition.

What is the tuition payment schedule?

Tuition payments through the Automatic Debit Program start in July and continue for nine subsequent months (excluding February).

What is “inclusion aid?”

Families awarded financial aid for tuition will also receive inclusion aid to help ensure that our students and their families have the opportunity to participate in all school-sponsored activities.

What if I am a single parent, never married, separated or divorced?

If parents are living separately, both custodial and non-custodial parents must complete a FAST application and submit all required documents as we expect both parents will contribute to the education of their child.

If a parent’s whereabouts is unknown, or a claim is made stating there is no involvement in the child’s upbringing, application forms may not be required, but documentation will be required to verify that the parent has no contact with the applicant.

What if I have remarried, have a significant other, or my child has multiple parents?

Financial information is required of all adults, including step-parents, involved in the applicant’s life. The financial information submitted to FAST must include all household income and assets.

Remarriage of either parent creates a new family unit with new relationships, but we believe that natural (or adoptive) parents still have a responsibility for educational expenses.

What if I lose my job or my source of income?

This information should be included on the FAST application and, should this occur subsequent to award distribution, communicated to The Center with as much supporting information as possible.

Who can I contact at The Center if I have additional policy questions?

Applicant families can contact Deedie Hudnut, Director of Admissions with any questions.