What does tuition cover?
Tuition covers 76 percent of the cost of a Center education. The remaining 24 percent must come from contributions and income generated by the school's endowment and investments. In an effort to keep tuition increases as manageable as possible, we rely on the generosity of our parents, grandparents, alumni and foundations.
Why not raise tuition and forget about contributions?
Independent school tuitions in most cases are already high. Keeping tuition as affordable as possible allows CEE to attract families who may not otherwise consider an independent school education for their children. Economic diversity is one way, along with ethnic, racial and lifestyle diversity, that our school family can mirror the world beyond the classroom walls.
How can working parents volunteer in meaningful ways?
Another form of diversity at CEE is in the many configurations of working families and the way they balance careers with raising children. So we offer a variety of options for volunteering, from services that require short-term commitments to projects that are more like part-time jobs! Virtually all of our parents, and many of our grandparents and alumni, find an opportunity that fits their schedule and interests. We've had so much help for so long at The Center that, frankly, we couldn't do all that we do without our wonderful volunteers.