Why Contribute

Generations of families have called The Center for Early Education home. From their earliest school experiences through heading off to secondary school, CEE students build a sense of joyful, lifelong learning. As members of our inclusive, caring, and diverse community, Center children become engaged citizens and thoughtful leaders -- qualities they bring with them throughout their lives.
Every Center student’s experience is enriched by generous supporters from all corners of our community. Parents, alumni families, grandparents, friends, corporate and non-profit partners, and faculty and staff show their commitment to our mission and programs through generous donations of resources, time, and expertise, year after year.

Giving, simply put, helps CEE provide the best educational experience possible for each child, now and in the future.

Why Contribute

What does tuition cover?
Tuition covers 75 percent of the cost of a Center education. The remaining 25 percent must come from contributions and income generated by the school's endowment and investments. In an effort to keep tuition increases as manageable as possible, we rely on the generosity of our parents, grandparents, alumni and foundations.

Why not raise tuition and forget about contributions?
Independent school tuitions in most cases are already high. Keeping tuition as affordable as possible allows CEE to attract families who may not otherwise consider an independent school education for their children. Economic diversity is one way, along with ethnic, racial and lifestyle diversity, that our school family can mirror the world beyond the classroom walls.

How can working parents volunteer in meaningful ways?
Another form of diversity at CEE is in the many configurations of working families and the way they balance careers with raising children. So we offer a variety of options for volunteering, from services that require short-term commitments to projects that are more like part-time jobs! Virtually all of our parents, and many of our grandparents and alumni, find an opportunity that fits their schedule and interests. We've had so much help for so long at The Center that, frankly, we couldn't do all that we do without our wonderful volunteers.
Please contact Ellen Krissman, Assistant Director of Advancement, with any questions about making a gift.
(323) 651-0707 ext. 158
The Center for Early Education, a socio-economically and culturally diverse independent school for children, toddlers through grade six, strives to graduate students who are joyful, resilient, lifelong learners. The Center embraces a philosophy of education that combines a nurturing, inclusive learning environment with an increasingly challenging academic program that addresses the developmental needs of each child.