Summer Transition Programs
Summer Transition Program
Children should arrive directly at their respective classrooms at 9:00 a.m. and head outside to play.
Dismissal is held at noon or 3:00 p.m., depending upon your child's plan. Please sign your child out and wait in the hallway, and a teacher will bring your child to you.
Please dress your child appropriately for messy fun! Send a complete change of clothing (all items labeled inside) to include shorts, T-shirt, socks, sneakers and underwear. Incoming EC1 students will need to wear a swimsuit on water days along with water shoes and a towel. Transitioning EC2 and Kinder Camp (Voyagers) students should send a swimsuit, towel, sun hat and water shoes (no flip-flops) to be left in your child's cubby.
We encourage you to liberally apply waterproof sunscreen to your child each morning. If you would like sunscreen applied to your child during the day, please be sure to sign the authorization form.
Feel free to let your child bring a book to share. Leave other toys at home. If your child is staying for rest time (EC1 and EC2 only), he or she may bring a stuffed toy or other soft item to rest with.
Please have your child bring a backpack each day to transport items to and from the Program. Label this backpack with your child's name on the inside only.
The first week your child start the Summer Transition Program, please send recent photos of your child and your family for his or her cubby.
Kinder Camp (Voyagers) will receive two special t-shirts to be worn on field trip days.
Contact the Director for Early Childhood Programs and/or the classroom teachers if you have any additional questions about the Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is your peanut/nut policy?
Our campus is peanut/nut sensitive. In this day of many extreme allergies we ask that you, or whoever packs your child’s snack and lunch, do not include anything with peanuts or other nuts in it as a precaution.
We do not encourage you to change classes. Our hiring and budgeting are based on initial class registrations. If there is some reason to modify your class schedule, you can fill out a class change request and submit it to the Director of Early Childhood programs with the $25 change fee. We and we will contact you if and when a change can be made.
We just decided to take a holiday after we enrolled in summer classes. Can you prorate our session or can we take a make-up week later?
Sorry, but no, we cannot prorate for time missed. You are taking a place in the class and we base our hiring on class numbers. No refunds will be issued after the enrollment deadline.
For questions regarding the Summer Transition Program, contact the Director of Early Childhood Programs.
|9:00||Arrival/ Outdoor Play|
|9:45-10:45||Indoor Play/Morning Snack|
|2:00-2:40||Afternoon Snack/Outdoor Play|
|9:00||Arrival/ Outdoor Play|
|9:45-10:15||Arts and Crafts|
|11:40-Noon||Music and Story|
|1:45-2:30||Afternoon Snack/Outdoor Play|
|2:30-2:45||Clean-up and Story|
Kinder Camp students participate in local field trips every Tuesday and Thursday. The schedule reflects a sample Monday, Wednesday and Friday schedule.
|9:00 ||Arrival/ Outdoor Play (Main Yard)|
|9:30-10:15||Morning Meeting/Story Time|
|10:15-11:30||Water Play/Arts and Crafts/Snack|
|2:30-3:00||Afternoon Snack/ Outdoor Play|
The Summer Extended Day Program is a program being offered to families who need the extra care or who choose to have their children stay at the Center beyond 3:00 p.m. It is also a safe, fun and secure place for children to wait if parents are held up in traffic or are late for pick-up for any reason. Children are supervised and can play indoor games, do craft or art projects, play on the yard and are served a snack at about 4:00 p.m. Extended Day is not available to participants of the Toddler Introduction program.
Extended Day starts after our 3:00 p.m.
Parents of children entering the Summer Extended Day Program agree to the following:
1. A rate of $9.00/hour will be charged. Charges will be billed in hourly increments.
2. Students not picked up by the time 3:00 p.m. pick-up is over will be signed into Extended Day and charged $9.00 an hour for any portion of an hour.
3. All parents or caregivers must notify the Extended Care personnel upon signing the child out of Day Care.
4. $1.00 per minute late fee will be charged to any parent arriving after 6:00 p.m. Any child whose last class ends before 3:00 p.m. must be picked up at the end of their last class. Late pick-ups will incur the $1.00 per minute late fee. (We do not have Extended Day after morning classes).
5. The Center for Early Education shall not be liable or in any way responsible for any bodily injuries or losses arising on the premises after scheduled Extended Day hours.
6. All Extended Day bills are due and payable upon receipt.
7. Day Care will run from Monday, June 20 - Thursday, July 28, 2016.
8. There will be no Extended Day on July 4 (in observance of Independence Day) and on July 29, 2016.